Entrepreneurship First Steps is an exciting online course specially created for secondary school and ITE students to learn more about entrepreneurship and kick start their entrepreneurial dreams!
Designed and delivered by The Sandbox at Ngee Ann Polytechnic, this course is aimed at developing your budding entrepreneurial ambitions!
No matter where your entrepreneurial interests lie, the knowledge you gain from this course will be practical, applicable and realistic.
Watch the video below to find out more about the course!
What you need to know about Entrepreneurship First Steps:
- Complete the course within A DAY! - Forget long complicated courses! You can finish the everything in just 6 hours.
- Learn anytime, anywhere - This course is conducted entirely online so you don't have to turn up for classes at a physical location! Whether you prefer to learn at night or listen to the lessons on the train/bus, go right ahead! This course is specially suited for busy students like you.
- Certificate of Completion - When you complete the course, you will be awarded a digital Certificate of Completion that you can use to supplement your EAE portfolio!
- [OPTIONAL] Business Plan Creation - At the end of the course, you can create your very own business plan, using a downloadable template! You can use this business plan to supplement your EAE portfolio!
All Secondary School and ITE students, but especially for Secondary 4, Nitec and Higher Nitec students interested to enter Ngee Ann Poly via the Early Admissions Exercise
Those interested in starting their own businesses
What you'll get out of taking Entrepreneurship First Steps:
- Understand how to think like an entrepreneur
- Learn how to come up with good business ideas
- Get inspired to develop your own business idea
- Discover tips to grow your business idea
- Take the first steps to starting your own business!
- 👋 Hey there! Start here first!
- 🤓 Course Overview
- 💻 How To Use This Learning Platform
- 🚀 How Will EFS Supplement Your Application For The Early Admissions Exercise (EAE)?
- 🙋 Frequently Asked Questions
- 🔍 Pre-Course Survey
- 🤑 How Can I Become A Successful Entrepreneur?
- 💯Uncertainty, Failure, Success - The Story Of A Startup That Almost Wasn't
- 💼 Old vs. New - The History Of How We "Do" Business
- ⚡How Technology Can Make Or Break Your Business
- 👣Knowledge Check #1
- 📌 Complete Mini-Project Part 1📌
- Step 1️⃣: Figuring Out What People Want Or Need 🙋♀️
- Step 2️⃣: Getting To Know The People You Want To Help (a.k.a Your Customers) 💁♂️
- Step 3️⃣: Deciding What You Can Do For Your Customers 💆♀️🧖♂️💇♀️
- 👣Knowledge Check #2
- 📌 Complete Mini-Project Part 2 📌
- 💡 The Importance of Having A Minimum Viable Product
- 🏪 Products vs Services – What’s The Difference?
- 👣Knowledge Check #3
- 👧🏻👦🏻 Why Is Starting When You Are Young So Important?
- 🏪 What Is Marketing?
- 📈 The 4Ps Of Marketing
- 👣Knowledge Check #4
- 🏅 Congrats! You Have Reached The End Of The Course. What's Next?
- 📚 Ngee Ann Polytechnic: The Poly for Budding Entrepreneurs
- 🖥️ Singapore's Vibrant Startup Ecosystem
- ⭐ ACE: Action Community for Entrepreneurship
- ✏️ Complete This Short Survey [Only 5 Questions!] Before You Complete This Course
- 📋 Accelerate Your Success: Business Proposal Submission
- ✒️ Upload Your Business Plan Submission Here
How long does it take to complete the EFS?
The EFS will take around 2 to 3 hours to complete, with another 2 to 3 hours to complete their optional business plan. This will take a total of 4 to 6 hours.
How much does this course cost?
It is absolutely free. There are no hidden costs.
Will the course be too difficult for me?
The course has been specially designed for secondary school and ITE students. As long as you go through all the learning materials thoroughly, you should have no problem completing the course.
What do I need to access this course?
All you need is a computer with reliable Internet access, earphones to listen to the videos / audio and time to finish this course.
How many times can I take this course?
We highly recommend that you sign up ONCE for the course, using your real name as this will be listed on your Certificate of Completion. This Certificate of Completion will help supplement your portfolio for the Early Admissions Exercise (EAE). However, you can choose to go through the learning materials as many times as you want.
What happens if I don't finish this course?
We certainly hope that you'll be able to finish this course. If you cannot complete the course, you will not be issued a Certificate of Completion which you can use to supplement your portfolio during the Early Admissions Exercise.
I am not graduating from secondary school or ITE this year. Can I still take the EFS?
Yes! The Certificate of Completion has no expiry date and the skills learnt in EFS can help students kickstart their business ideas at any age.
What if I have more questions?
You may access the full FAQ section in the link below. If you have further questions or feedback, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to answer your questions!